What we know about rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is a drop of what we don't know.
This website is an exploration of RA of which there is no universally accepted cause or cure.
(Note that physical and mental health problems generally arise from a complex set of issues, and that speculating on the diagnosis of historical figures and subjects within the paintings, is at best an exercise in guesswork. For example, the causes of van Gogh’s ailments, like those of any of the other artists mentioned here, are simply inferences and should not be taken as diagnoses.)
1. Chemical components of patented pharmaceuticals
- Canada PRODUCT MONOGRAPH INCLUDING PATIENT MEDICATION INFORMATION : Template – Standard.
- Example: METHOTREXATE TABLETS MONOGRAPH INCLUDING PATIENT MEDICATION INFORMATION -
- PrAPO-METHOTREXATE Methotrexate Tablets USP 2.5 mg (as methotrexate)
2. Chemicals, Vitamins, Minerals, etc ... in Food
3. Bacteria, Viruses
4. Journal Articles
- Google Scholar - Articles and Case Law
- Chinese National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI)
- PubMed Biomedical literature
- Chinese Biomedical Database (CBM)
- Chinese Medical Current Content ()
- Wanfang Data, an affiliate of the Chinese Ministry of Science & Technology, provides access to a wide range of database resources, serving as a gateway to Chinese culture, medicine, business, science, engineering, etc.
5. Clinical Studies
- BLAST: Basic Local Alignment Search Tool
The Basic Local Alignment Search Tool (BLAST) finds regions of local similarity between sequences. The program compares nucleotide or protein sequences to sequence databases and calculates the statistical significance of matches. BLAST can be used to infer functional and evolutionary relationships between sequences as well as help identify members of gene families. https://blast.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Blast.cgi